Global Korea Scholarship GKS-U 2022 is a Korean Government Scholarship Program for international students to pursue undergraduate degrees in higher education institutions of South Korea. The aim of this Korean scholarship program is to create goodwill and to strengthen the mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries. This scholarship program is one of the biggest and competitive scholarship programs in the world
The 2022 Global Korea Scholarship for Undergraduate Degrees is accepting applications for bachelor’s degree programs and associate degree programs. International students from all over the globe can apply for this international scholarship program. The Korean Government provides a total of 220 scholarships to students of more than 150 countries. The 2022 GKS was previously known as the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP).
Why Study in Korea? There are many reasons to study in South Korea. The main and most important reason is that the educational institutions of South Korea are on the list of among the world’s top institutions. Besides that, Korea has a highly advanced education system, rich culture, and stunning scenery, systematic support programs from the government, high employment opportunities, high quality of life, and the last reason but not the least is that there are many South Korean scholarship programs for international students to study in Korea for free.
There are two ways to apply for KGSP 2022; Embassy Track and University Track. Through GKS Embassy Track, the Korean Government will select 125 international students from 67 countries for the bachelor’s degree programs. Through GKS University Track, the Korean Government will select 60 international students from 72 countries for undergraduate studies and 35 international students from 17 countries for associate degree programs. Each embassy or university has a different deadline.
Global Korea Scholarship GKS-U 2022:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Associate Degree
- 4-6 years of Bachelor’s Degree Scholarship (Korean language program for 1 year)
- 2-3 years of Associate Degree Scholarship (Korean language program for 1 year)
No. of KGPS Scholarship:
Available University for GKS South Korea Scholarship 2022:
Global Korea Scholarship Benefits 2022:
- The scholarship will cover full tuition fees.
- A free return air ticket.
- Settlement Allowance will be provided, 200,000 KRW
- Monthly Allowance will be provided, 900,000 KRW
- The scholarship will cover the fee of 1-Year Korean Language Training.
- University Admission fees waiver
- National Health Insurance will be provided.
- Korean Proficiency Grants will be provided, 100,000 KRW/month
- Degree Completion Grants will be provided once, 100,000 KRW
Check Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship in Australia
Eligibility Criteria of the Global Korea Scholarship GKS-U 2022?
- The candidate must be a citizen of Global Korea Scholarship partner countries.
- The candidate should not hold Korean citizenship or dual citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree Program or Associate Degree Program; The candidates must have graduated from high or are expected to graduate by February 28, 2022.
- The candidates who have an associated degree or are expected to graduate by Feb 28, 2022, can only apply for the bachelor’s degree.
- The candidates must be under 25 years of age.
- The candidates must be in good health.
- A candidate should maintain his GPA in order to sustain the scholarship.
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship for International Students 2022?
Candidates have choices to apply in two types of institutions:
- 67 Embassies of the Republic of Korea (Embassy track)
- 30 Korean Universities designated by NIIED (University Track)
Through Embassy Track, the candidates must apply through the Embassy of South Korea in their own countries. The embassy will select the candidate and ask the candidate to apply to some university and nominate you as its GKS candidate and will send the nomination to NIIED, but the final selection will be done by the NIIED.
Through University Track, the candidates must apply directly to the university. The university nominates you as a 2022 GKS candidate and will send your nomination to NIIED, as the final decision will be taken by the NIIED.
Required Documents for GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2022:
- GKS-U Applicant Form
- Personal Statement (Learn how to write a Personal Statement)
- Study Plan
- TWO letters of Recommendation
- GKS Applicant Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Proof of Citizenship
- Certificate of Graduation
- High school Grade Transcripts
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Overseas Korean
- Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation Document
- Awards and other certificates (Optional)
- Certificate of valid TOPIK score (Optional)
- Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test (Optional)
- Applicant’s Passport Copy (Optional)
- Proof of Korean War Veteran‟s Descendant (ONLY for descendants of Korean War Veterans)
Check List of best Scholarships in Canada 2021
- For Embassy track criteria, candidates need to take an update from the Korean embassy in their home country, as they all have a different application deadline.
- For University track criteria, candidates need to take an update from eligible universities for GKS from the official website.